Amber James introduces a video from BuzzFeed that shares four dishes that all make extensive use of cauliflower to re-create some popular fast-food style dinners. She maintains these meals will fit a low carbohydrate and low gluten diet. However some of them do involve extensive use of cheese and at least one of the recipes utilizes bread.
The four dishes use cauliflower as the main ingredient in re-creating a grilled cheese sandwich, veggie fried rice, tater tots and a mac and cheese style casserole.
To prepare the grilled cheese sandwich:
* grate steamed cauliflower in a blender;
* mix the cauliflower mash in a bowl with one egg and grated mozzarella cheese;
* then spread the dough into squares on a cookie tray or baking sheet and heat at 375 degrees until golden brown. The final slices can be assembled into a sandwich.
To prepare the veggie fried rice:
* Grate cauliflower in a blender;
* Fry cauliflower together with mixed veggies e.g. chopped carrots;
* Make a well in the middle of the dough, add an egg and more veggies;
* Fry well and serve the final mixture.
To prepare the tater tots:
* Blend steamed cauliflower in a food processor;
* In a bowl, mix cauliflower, vegetables, cheese, bread crumbs;
* Roll dough into blobs and place on a baking tray, bake at 375 defrees until golden.
To prepare the mac and cheese:
* Heat cauliflower florets in a crock pot;
* Combine separately milk, cheddar soup, grated cheddar, onion.
* Pour over florets, cook at low temperature for three hours.