It may sound strange at first, but this piece made from tomatoes, spinach, and hash browns is one of the most delicious breakfast treats that you’ll ever eat. Not only is this dish incredibly tasty, but it is also suitable for people with food allergies and other sensitivities. Containing no gluten, this hash brown, spinach and tomato pie is perfect for anyone, and even vegetarians can munch on this breakfast wonder with no guilt or worries.
Every bite will leave you feeling warm and satisfied on the inside, so it is absolutely perfect for a cold winter’s morning or for a holiday party. But beware! If your coworkers or friends get a taste of this delicious pie, be prepared to be badgered with lots of requests for the recipe as this hash browns, tomato, and spinach treat is a real crowd-pleaser! After we heard about this amazing recipe, we gave it a try ourselves and then shared it with a select group of gourmands. Not only did they polish off every bite of the hash browns, tomato, and spinach pie, but there were multiple calls for seconds!
Therefore take heed, because if you decide to make one of these amazing hash browns, tomato, and spinach pies for a party of family gathering, you’ll definitely need to make two or even THREE. On top of being mouth-wateringly delicious, the recipe is also simple. Ingredients
- 2 cups shredded hash browns (thawed)
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 2 tablespoons oil (preferably extra virgin olive oil)
- 3 cups fresh spinach (packed)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced fine)
- 1 cup of tomatoes
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup of milk
- Head oven to 375F
- Coat a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray
- Make a “crust” of hash browns as the bottom layer
- Bake hash browns for 8 minutes
- Remove from oven and add cheese
- In a skillet, saute spinach, tomatoes, and garlic for 3 minutes in oil
- Add skillet ingredients to top of potato and cheese
- In a bowl, whisk eggs, milk, and pinch of salt, pepper, and nutmeg until well-blended
- Pour on top of spinach and tomatoes
- Add cheese on top as garnish
- Bake for 30-35 minutes
- Serve and enjoy!
Truly this hash browns, tomato, and spinach pie is a breakfast of champions!