Apply these seven hacks to your everyday kitchen use, and you’ll spend less time in the kitchen working and more time enjoying the fruits of your labor.
1. Eliminate teary, weepy eyes from cutting onions by simply pouring a few tablespoons of white vinegar onto your cutting board before use. Rub in the vinegar, and cut your onions tear free.
2. Open a tricky jar by using two rubber bands. Situate one band around the top and the other around the base and open as usual, minus the stuck on top.
3. Determine if an egg is still good by putting it in a glass of water. If it sinks to the bottom, go ahead and use it.
4. Disinfect your cutting board in two simple steps. Sprinkle the board with kosher salt, and scrub it with a half of a lemon. Rinse the board, and start cutting.
5. Easily remove egg shells with a little baking soda and water. Fill a pot with cold water and 1 teaspoon baking soda. Bring the pot to a boil and remove it from the heat. Place the eggs in the water and let soak for 12 minutes. Crack the shell and easily slide it off.
6. Keep your brown sugar soft by place 2 to 3 marshmallows in the bag.
7. Chill your wine without diluting it by freezing green grapes prior to serving the wine and adding the grapes to your glass.
Make life easier in the kitchen with these easy tricks.