Making a zebra cake is easy if you follow these simple instructions below. Whether you’re baking the cake for New Year’s or for a birthday, anyone can create a beautiful (and yummy) zebra cake with these easy-to-follow instructions.
- 2-1/2 Cups of All Purpose Flour
- 2 Cups of Granulated Sugar
- 2-1/4 tsp. Baking Powder
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Cup of Milk
- ¾ Cup of Vegetable Oil
- White Coloring
- Deep Pink Coloring
- Super Black Coloring
- White Butter Cream
- Black Fondant
- Pink Butter Cream
Pink Zebra Cake Directions:
- In a hand mixer bowl, start off with the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix on low for about 30 seconds. Add in the oil and eggs one at a time. Then, pour in the vanilla and milk. Mix well.
- Divide the cake batter into three bowls. You’ll want to place half of the batter into one larger bowl and then divide up the remaining batter into two smaller bowls.
- Put white coloring into the larger bowl, put the pink coloring into one of the smaller bowls, and the black coloring into the third bowl. mix well.
- In an 8-inch round cake pan, take an ice cream scooper and scoop out one scoop of the white cake batter into the center of the cake pan. Then, scoop out one scoop of the black batter on top of the white batter in the center of the pan. Last, scoop out one scoop of the pink batter on top of the black batter. Repeat this process until you’ve used half of the batter in each bowl. You’ll need the remaining batter for the second 8-inch cake pan. Repeat the same process with the second cake pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 35-40 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Level off the tops of the cake. Take the white butter cream and fill in the top of one of the cake halves. Place the unfilled cake on top of the cake that you just slathered with butter cream. Cover the entire cake with butter cream.
- Roll out the black fondant and begin cutting stripes for the cake. Cover the cake in stripes and try to follow the pattern on the entire cake.
- Take the pink fondant and with a piping bag and a 12-inch Wilton tip, pipe pink dots all the way around the bottom of the cake.
Slice your pink zebra cake and enjoy!