A lot of people agree Cracker Barrel’s food is irresistible. This “Old Country Store” and restaurant specializes in hearty, home-cooked meals that are delicious and inexpensive.
Cracker Barrel has several legendary dishes, but one of its most popular and delicious is its hash brown casserole. There are lots of “how to” recipes out there helping people recreate their favorite restaurant fare, but this warm and cheesy recipe has been impossible to crack – so far. The cooking gurus at Gooseberry Patch have finally discovered the secret to this tasty dish and they’ve shared it with the world.
The following recipe is for Copycat Cracker Barrel Hash Brown Casserole. Serve this at your next family dinner or potluck and you’ll have everyone drooling and begging for the recipe.
Copycat Cracker Barrel Hash Brown Casserole
• 64-oz. pkg. frozen hash brown potatoes. Thawed.
• Salt and pepper to taste.
• 2 10-3/4 oz. cans of cream of chicken soup.
• 32-oz. container of sour cream.
• 1 c. butter. Melted.
• 1 c. chopped onion.
• 16-oz. pkg. sharp cheddar cheese. Shredded.
1. Place hash browns in a large greased baking pan.
2. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
3. In a bowl, mix together soup, sour cream, melted butter, and chopped onion.
4. Spread the soup mixture over potatoes. Gently stir.
5. Sprinkle with sharp cheddar cheese.
6. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 50 to 55 minutes, until it’s bubbly and golden.