A dog’s sense of smell is 20 times stronger than a human’s, and naturally, that powerful sense can really come in handy. Nicole Siekert is the mother of two girls and one day, the girls woke up feeling a bit under the weather. She made the girls breakfast, and they felt well enough to go to school.
After the girls went to school, Nicole started feeling sick. At first, she did not think much of it but when she laid down to rest her border collie, Allie, would not let her. Every time she tried to put her head down, Abby would nudge her and make it impossible to fall asleep.
Abby also led Nicole down the steps ebcause she heard a faint noise coming from the carbon monoxide alarm… The deadly gas was leaking into the house and would have likely taken Nicole’s life had Abby not been around.
Nicole knows that she may have died if Abby was not with her and she is grateful for what her pup did for her and her family. The dog has been recognized for her heroic efforts.
The We Energies company, which is an electrical company in Wisconsin, gave Abby a basket full of toys and treats and a certified certificate. Abby’s story has also been featured on WTMJ News, which is located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.