Hayley’s son Lewis recently came down with Chicken Pox. She took Lewis to the doctor, and he was prescribed Ibuprofen. This is a medication that is often recommended to the patients who have Chicken Pox. Hayley gave her son this medication and did not question it. She believed that the medication would work because it was prescribed by a physician.
Hayley soon realized that she had made a mistake. Ibuprofen can be used to treat other infections, but it should not be given to patients who have Chicken Pox. Lewis’s health continued to deteriorate.
His fever started to skyrocket, and his Chicken Pox became more painful and blistered. The doctors said that this condition was normal, but Hayley knew that something was wrong.
Hayley took Lewis to the hospital, and he was diagnosed with septicaemia. Fortunately, Lewis’s health began to improve after he was treated at the hospital. Hayley is now on a mission to warn parents so that their children do not suffer like Lewis did. She shared her story on Facebook.
The story quickly went viral and has been shared over 430,000 times. The Royal College Of Paediatrics And Child Health has warned both parents and doctors about the dangers of taking Ibuprofen if one has Chicken Pox.