With summer potluck parties right around the corner, you may be wondering what dish to bring to wow everyone with this year. Everyone loves s’mores and this recipe for s’mores monkey bread with a dipping sauce is guaranteed to have everyone asking you to bring it again next time!
S’mores Pull-Apart Bread
The monkey bread:
- Prepared biscuit dough (see below for recipe)*
- Baking spray with flour
- 1 cup of graham crackers
- 3/4 of cup sugar
- 1/2 of cup mini marshmallows
- 6 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
The biscuit dough:
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 2 sticks unsalted cold and cubed butter
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- Mini marshmallows (bag)
- Chocolate chunks (dark or milk)
- 1/4 cup graham crackers (roughly crushed)
- 1/2 cup of marshmallow fluff
- 1/4 cup chocolate chunks (dark or milk)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Using a bundt pan, grease with cooking spray or butter
- Start with the biscuit dough: use a food processor to combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and butter. Use the pulse function until mixture is blended. Slowly pour in the cream as the dough begins to form.
- For the monkey bread: use a tablespoon to portion out the biscuit dough into balls and place onto parchment paper. Take one ball and work in your hands until flat, then place a few chocolate chunks and mini marshmallows inside. Roll the dough back into a ball. Do the same for each ball. Put remaining chocolate and marshmallows aside for the topping.
- Using a small bowl, combine the graham crackers with the sugar. Dip each ball into the melted butter, then roll into the graham cracker and sugar. Place balls evenly among the bundt pan and place in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- After refrigerating, pour the caramel sauce over the dough balls.
- Place the bundt pan in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- For the chocolate topping: place chocolate chunks in a bowl. Microwave the heavy cream until it starts to simmer then pour over the chocolate and whisk together.
- Once the bread is done, allow it to cool then spread the chocolate mixture on top and garnish with left over mini-marshmallows and chocolate chunks.
Pull apart and enjoy!!